Q: I need to install a software on my PC, what is annoying is that: I come across the error message "The file BCRYPT.DLL is missing." Some friends told me to download a new BCRYPT.DLL files. But I still got the same message. I don't know if I have done the right thing. I need professioncal suggestions. Many Thanks. Lance
A: Hello, the answer is definitely yes. It is possible to fix BCRYPT.DLL if you have tried the below method.
At whiles, BCRYPT.DLL might be caused by the wrong installation of a software. Before you uninstall the software, you had better perform a totally clean for your computer.
How to clean your computer (win7 or vista)
1. You must be the administrator of your Computer.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Troubleshoot BCRYPT.DLL Error Manually.
Step One: Download BCRYPT.DLL Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the BCRYPT.DLL file is corrupted. Restart your PC and see if the problem is resolved.
Step Three: If the BCRYPT.DLL missing error still occurs, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, System File Checker can hunt for the damaged BCRYPT.DLL system files for you, and troubleshoot it with ease.
Automatic BCRYPT.DLL Error Removal Suggestion:
Step 1 At first, you need to download SmartPCFixer from Official Website and click on Scan option.
Step 2 Click "System Fix", you can view the following pictures.
Step 3 Click "Dll Download" and type the missing BCRYPT.DLL in the searching box.
Step 4 Click Download and Register BCRYPT.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step 5 Reboot Your Computer, Error Removed!