Q: I have tried to install a software for many times, but I always encounter the message "This application has failed to start because PCWUM.DLL was not found." I've downloaded the PCWUM.DLL zip file I need from internet. It didn't work! One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks. Tyrone
A: The answer is absolutely yes. You can solve PCWUM.DLL issues with the following solution.
At whiles, PCWUM.DLL might be caused by the wrong installation of a software. Note: We highly recommend you to do a clean boot before removing the software from your PC.
Do a complete clean for your PC (win7 or vista)
1. You must be the administrator of your Computer.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the searching box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Fix PCWUM.DLL Error by yourself!
Step One: Download PCWUM.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the PCWUM.DLL file is missing. Restart your computer and see if the problem is removed
Step Three: If the PCWUM.DLL missing error still occurs, you had better run a SFC for your system Most often, System File Checker can hunt for the corrupted PCWUM.DLL system files for you, and fix it with ease.
Guide to Using SmartPCFixer
1. Click Here to Download SmartPCFixer.
2. Click "Save Files" to install the application.
3. Double click Setup files complete SmartPCFixer installation process.
4. Choose the language of your country.
5. Clicking the "Next" button to complete the process.
6. Click "Finish" button.
7. Launch SmartPCFixer and Run a complete scan for your computer.