Q: I need to install a software on my PC, but I always encounter the message "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: DHCPCSVC.DLL. Please install [APPLICATION] again." I've tried to figure it out on my own. It didn't work! I don't know if I have done the right thing. How should I do? Thank you so much! Stella
A: Hello, as a matter of fact, It is possible to fix DHCPCSVC.DLL if you have tried the below method.
Sometimes, a newly installed program might be the main reasion of DHCPCSVC.DLL missing error. If you uninstall the program which you have just installed, DHCPCSVC.DLL problem will be resolved easily.
How to clean your computer (win7 or vista)
1. You must log on your computer with administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the searching box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Resolve DHCPCSVC.DLL Issues Manually!
Step One: Download DHCPCSVC.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the DHCPCSVC.DLL file is missing. Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved.
Step Three: If the DHCPCSVC.DLL missing error still persists, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, SFC might hunt for the damaged DHCPCSVC.DLL system files for you, and troubleshoot it easily.
Automatic DHCPCSVC.DLL Problems Removal Solution:
Step 1 At first, you need to download SmartPCFixer from Official Website and Scan your whole computer.
Step 2 Click "System Fix", you can view the following pictures.
Step 3 Click "Dll Download" and type the missing DHCPCSVC.DLL in the searching box.
Step 4 Click Download and Register DHCPCSVC.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step 5 Reboot Your Computer, Error Removed!