Q: I have to reinstall a program for my work, but I always get a message saying "Cannot find [PATH]\VERSION.DLL" I've tried to figure it out on my own. But I still got the same message. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Anyone can help me? Many Thanks. Jo
A: Hello, the answer is definitely yes. Here offers you some advices of how to fix VERSION.DLL missing errors.
Sometimes, VERSION.DLL might be caused by the wrong installation of a software. Before you uninstall the software, you had better perform a totally clean for your computer.
Perform a clean boot on your own:
1. You must log on your computer with administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Resolve VERSION.DLL Issues Manually!
Step One: Download VERSION.DLL Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the VERSION.DLL file is corrupted. Restart your PC and see if the problem is resolved.
Step Three: If the VERSION.DLL error still persists, you had better run a SFC for your system In most cases, SFC might find out the damaged VERSION.DLL system files for you, and troubleshoot it directly.
Using SmartPCFixer to Check Your PC Again to Optimize Your Computer:
1. Click Here to Download SmartPCFixer.
2. Click "Save Files" to install the application.
3. Double click Setup files complete SmartPCFixer installation process.
4. Choose the language of your country.
5. Clicking the "Next" button to complete the process.
6. Click "Finish" button.
7. Launch SmartPCFixer and Run a complete scan for your computer.