Q: I've tried several times to install a program, but I always get a message saying "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: DEVMGR.DLL. Please install [APPLICATION] again." I've tried to download the DEVMGR.DLL file by myself. It didn't work! I don't know if I have done the right thing. How should I do? Many Thanks. Tyrone
A: Hello, as a matter of fact, It is possible to fix DEVMGR.DLL if you have tried the below method.
At times, [[keyword_name]] error can be caused by the installation of a program. If you uninstall the program which you have just installed, DEVMGR.DLL problem will be resolved easily.
Perform a clean boot on your own:
1. You must log on your computer with administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the searching box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Troubleshoot DEVMGR.DLL Error Manually.
Step One: Download DEVMGR.DLL Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the DEVMGR.DLL file is damaged. Restart your computer and see if the error is fixed
Step Three: If the DEVMGR.DLL error still occurs, you had better run a SFC for your system Most often, System File Checker might hunt for the missing DEVMGR.DLL system files for you, and troubleshoot it with ease.
Automatic DEVMGR.DLL Missing Error Removal Advice:
Step 1 In first step you need to install the application and Scan your whole computer.
Step 2 Click "System Fix", you can view the following pictures.
Step 3 Click "Dll Download" and type the missing DEVMGR.DLL in the searching box.
Step 4 Click Download and Register DEVMGR.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step 5 Restart Your Computer, Error Removed!