Q: I have to reinstall a program for my work, but I always get a message saying "The file UXTHEME.DLL is missing." I've tried to download the UXTHEME.DLL file by myself. Nothing happened. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Anyone can help me? Thank you so much! Lydia Johonson
A: Hi, in fact, It is possible to fix UXTHEME.DLL if you have tried the below method.
Sometimes, UXTHEME.DLL might be caused by the wrong installation of a software. Note: We highly recommend you to do a clean boot before removing the software from your PC.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows 7 or Vista:
1. You must be the administrator of your Computer.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
Resolve UXTHEME.DLL Issues Manually!
Step One: Download UXTHEME.DLL Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the UXTHEME.DLL file is missing. Restart your PC and see if the error is fixed
Step Three: If the UXTHEME.DLL not found error still persists, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, SFC can hunt for the corrupted UXTHEME.DLL system files for you, and fix it directly.
Automatic UXTHEME.DLL Missing Error Removal Advice:
Step 1 At first, you need to download SmartPCFixer from Official Website and Scan your whole computer.
Step 2 Click "System Fix", you can view the following pictures.
Step 3 Click "Dll Download" and type the missing UXTHEME.DLL in the searching box.
Step 4 Click Download and Register UXTHEME.DLL Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step 5 Reboot Your PC, Error Removed!
Above all, UXTHEME.DLL removal software is your ideal choice that will help you get rid of problem with little effort and in no time..Link: