I just installed a software for many times, but I always get a message saying "The file basesrv.dll is missing." Some friends told me to download a new basesrv.dll files. Nothing happened. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks.
The answer is absolutely yes. It is possible to fix basesrv.dll if you have tried the below method.
|What is basesrv.dll|
|Description: Windows NT BASE API Server DLL|
|Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System|
|Company: Microsoft Corporation|
|File Size: 24531 bytes (23.96 kb)|
|Md5 Hash: 076ed3b9215ea8950a29e3575fa48ef8|
You may encounter basesrv.dll error messages something like as follows:
- "Cannot find [PATH]\basesrv.dll"
- "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: basesrv.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
- "The file basesrv.dll is missing."
- "basesrv.dll Not Found"
- "This application failed to start because basesrv.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Method One: Troubleshoot basesrv.dll Problems with SmartPCFixer!Step One: Free Download SmartPCFixer!
Step Two: Double Click SmartPCFixer and click "System Fix", Select "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing basesrv.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
Things You Need to Know:
SmartPCFixer™ is a top-ranking error-resolution registry cleaner which will fix the computer errors and optimize the system settings. You can scan, clean, optimize, and keep your PC much healthier with it ! It will help identify and fix Windows' invalid registry entries. By running Scan & Cleaner as part of scheduled maintenance, it will keep your PC from freezing or frequent crashes . Using it will reduce the probability of you getting a "blue screen", program not responding or lock up.
Method Two: Resolve basesrv.dll Issues Manually!Step One: Download basesrv.dll Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the basesrv.dll file is damaged. Restart your PC and see if the error is fixed
Step Three: If the basesrv.dll missing error still occurs, you had better run a SFC for your system In most cases, SFC is able to find out the damaged basesrv.dll system files for you, and fix it directly.
Fix Your Computer Error with SFC Utility
SFC is a free utility which allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Once windows files are corrupted, you may encounter blue screen error or even cannot use your computer normally.
To do this, follow these steps: (Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
1. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2. Type sfc /scannow and press "Enter" button
3. After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. (This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.)
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. (In this situation, you had better do a system restore.)