I have tried to install a software for many times, but I always encounter the message "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: backsnap.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again." I've tried to figure it out on my own. Nothing happened. I don't know if I have done the right thing. How should I do? Thanks.
Hello, the answer is definitely yes. there are several ways for you to troubleshoot backsnap.dll errors.
|What is backsnap.dll|
|Description: Backup Snapin|
|Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System|
|Company: Microsoft Corporation|
|File Size: 45568 bytes (44.5 kb)|
|Md5 Hash: e13ec6d40110bb706ee7ec1e74b3d735|
You may encounter backsnap.dll error messages something like as follows:
- "Cannot find [PATH]\backsnap.dll"
- "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: backsnap.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
- "The file backsnap.dll is missing."
- "backsnap.dll Not Found"
- "This application failed to start because backsnap.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Method One: Troubleshoot backsnap.dll Problems with SmartPCFixer!Step One: Free Download SmartPCFixer!
Step Two: Double Click SmartPCFixer and click "System Fix", Select "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing backsnap.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
What is SmartPCFixer and How Does It Work?
SmartPCFixer™ is a top-ranking error-resolution registry cleaner which will fix the computer errors and optimize the system settings. You can scan, clean, optimize, and keep your PC much healthier with it ! It will help identify and fix Windows' invalid registry entries. By running Scan & Cleaner as part of scheduled maintenance, it will keep your PC from freezing or frequent crashes . Using it will reduce the probability of you getting a "blue screen", program not responding or lock up.
Method Two: Resolve backsnap.dll Issues Manually!Step One: Download backsnap.dll Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the backsnap.dll file is missing. Restart your computer and see if it works.
Step Three: If the backsnap.dll missing error still persists, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, System File Checker can chect out the corrupted backsnap.dll system files for you, and fix it easily.
Run SFC to check the corrupted files of your computer:
SFC is a free utility that can scan the corrupted windows files and restore it. Once system files is missing or damaged, your PC may not operate as well.
Please do the following steps: (Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
1. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
3. After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. (It indicates that you don't have corrupted windows files.)
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. (In this situation, you had better do a system restore.)