I have to reinstall a program for my work, however, I always get a pop-up error "This application failed to start because bcdprov.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I've tried to figure it out on my own. Nothing happened. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Anyone can help me? Thank you so much!
Hi, in fact, Here offers you some advices of how to fix bcdprov.dll missing errors.
What is bcdprov.dll File?
Common bcdprov.dll Problems You May Encounter:
- "Cannot find [PATH]\bcdprov.dll"
- "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: bcdprov.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
- "The file bcdprov.dll is missing."
- "bcdprov.dll Not Found"
- "This application failed to start because bcdprov.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Method One: Fix bcdprov.dll with an Effective way!Step One: Download SmartPCFixer and install it on your PC.
Step Two: Run this tool and click "System Fix", then choose "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing bcdprov.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
Does SmartPCFixer Really Work?
SmartPCFixer is designed to scan, diagnose and repair your operating system. Using it results in better optimization, manages startup and desktop, assists you with maintaining browser objects, internet options, system service, and repairs file extensions. With this arsenal of powerful, sophisticated utilities your system is tuned to run at its optimal state. Included are Easy Repair Wizard, Error Utilities, File Association fixer, Register ActiveX, Shortcuts Fixer, Winsock2 Repair toolkit, Dll Fixer and more.
Method Two: Fix bcdprov.dll Error by yourself!Step One: Download bcdprov.dll Files from SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the bcdprov.dll file is missing. Restart your PC and see if it works.
Step Three: If the bcdprov.dll error still persists, I recommend you run a SFC. In most cases, SFC is able to chect out the missing bcdprov.dll system files for you, and troubleshoot it directly.
How to Run System File Checker Utility
System File Checker is a free utility which allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. You should know that damaged system files may cause serious disaster for your PC.
Following the below steps and fix corrupted files by yourself: (Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
1. Click "Start" Button, and type CMD in the searching box. Right-click "CMD", then run as administrator.
2. Type sfc /scannow and press "Enter" button
3. Then you may received the following message.
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. (This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.)
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. (In this situation, you had better do a system restore.)