I have to reinstall a program for my work, but I always get a message saying "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: athprxy.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again." I've tried to figure it out on my own. It didn't work! One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. How should I do? Many Thanks.
Hello, the answer is definitely yes. there are several ways for you to troubleshoot athprxy.dll errors.
|What is athprxy.dll|
|Description: Microsoft PKM Search Authentication Proxy|
|Company: Microsoft Corporation|
|File Size: 4855 bytes (4.74 kb)|
|Md5 Hash: 0e41294877a54b9ac1718934589e4033|
What may Result in athprxy.dll Error?
Method One: Fix athprxy.dll with an Effective way!Step One: Free Download SmartPCFixer!
Step Two: Run this tool and click "System Fix", then choose "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing athprxy.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
Things You Need to Know:
SmartPCFixer scans the Windows registry and finds incorrect or obsolete information in the registry. By fixing these obsolete information in Windows registry, your system will run faster and error free. The backup/restore function of the tool let you backup your whole Windows Registry so you can use it to restore the registry to the current status in case you encounter some system failure. Besides above, the startup and BHO organizer feature let you manage your startup and IE BHO items with ease, and you can control the programs started with Windows and IE more handy with this feature!
Method Two: Fix athprxy.dll Error by yourself!Step One: Download athprxy.dll Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the athprxy.dll file is damaged. Restart your computer and see if the error is fixed
Step Three: If the athprxy.dll missing error still occurs, I recommend you run a SFC. Most often, System File Checker will find out the corrupted athprxy.dll system files for you, and troubleshoot it easily.
Fix Your Computer Error with SFC Utility
SFC is a utility in Windows that help people scan damaged system files and fix it automatically. Do not ignore the influence of bad system files, it may lead the instable of your computer.
Do as the following steps (Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
1. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2. Type sfc /scannow and press "Enter" button
3. After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. (This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.)
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. (In this situation, you had better do a system restore.)