I have to reinstall a program for my work, but I always encounter the message "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: ateres.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again." I've tried to figure it out on my own. Nothing happened. One problem is I'm not sure if I have done the right thing to fix this error. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks.
Hello, the answer is definitely yes. It is possible to fix ateres.dll if you have tried the below method.<
|Product: AOL Instant Messenger (TM)|
|Company: America Online, Inc.|
|Description: Oscar Resource Manager|
|File Size: 11030 bytes (10.77 kb)|
|Md5 Hash: 6e135f16aaeb1a5d78f4929182b9a0d6|
You might see the following ateres.dll error message:
- "Cannot find [PATH]\ateres.dll"
- "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: ateres.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
- "The file ateres.dll is missing."
- "ateres.dll Not Found"
- "This application failed to start because ateres.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Method One: Troubleshoot ateres.dll Problems with SmartPCFixer!Step One: Free Download SmartPCFixer!
Step Two: Double Click SmartPCFixer and click "System Fix", Select "Dll Download".
Step Three: Type your missing ateres.dll files and click "Search", Then download the files and use SmartPCFixer to register it for you.
Does SmartPCFixer Really Work?
SmartPCFixer is designed to scan, diagnose and repair your operating system. Using it results in better optimization, manages startup and desktop, assists you with maintaining browser objects, internet options, system service, and repairs file extensions. With this arsenal of powerful, sophisticated utilities your system is tuned to run at its optimal state. Included are Easy Repair Wizard, Error Utilities, File Association fixer, Register ActiveX, Shortcuts Fixer, Winsock2 Repair toolkit, Dll Fixer and more.
Method Two: Troubleshoot ateres.dll Error Manually.Step One: Download ateres.dll Files with SmartPCFixer.
Step Two: Extract the downloaded file to the program folder that the ateres.dll file is corrupted. Restart your PC and see if the problem is removed
Step Three: If the ateres.dll missing error still occurs, you had better run a SFC for your system In most cases, SFC will chect out the damaged ateres.dll system files for you, and fix it with ease.
Simple Steps to Run SFC Utility
SFC is a free utility which help people scan damaged system files and fix it automatically. Once system files is missing or damaged, your PC may not operate as well.
Please do the following steps: (Windows 7 or Windows Vista)
1. Click "Start" Button, and type CMD in the searching box. Right-click "CMD", then run as administrator.
2. Type sfc /scannow and press "Enter" button
3. You may see the following message.
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. (It indicates that you don't have corrupted windows files.)
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. (In this situation, you had better do a system restore.)